Upon your first visit to our office, you will be greeted by one of our friendly staff members. Please arrive approximately 15 minutes before your appointment time to complete the necessary forms we require prior to treatment. It is important that you bring with you information concerning your past medical history and any medications you make be taking. See your pharmacist who can print out a log of all medications being used or no longer used. This makes it simple for our staff to scan in the information.
What To Expect On Your First Visit
- A thorough medical and dental history will be reviewed with you, prior to seeing the doctor.
- A complete examination, extra-orally and intra-orally, of teeth, gums, oral soft and hard tissues, head and neck.
- Radiographs (x-rays) if required.
- Dental cleaning including a scaling for adults, polish and fluoride for kids. (Some adults may require multiple visits to complete the hygiene process.)
- Demonstration on how to properly brush and floss and any other oral hygiene instruction needed to suit your needs.
- Complimentary toothbrush, floss and toothpaste.
- If you have current x-rays (bitewings within the last two years; panoramic or full mouth series within the last five years) at another dental office, please have our staff print a “Release Authorization Form”, complete the form and mail or have us fax it to your previous dental office.
- Please feel free to bring in a camera to take a picture of your child’s first visit or ask one of our staff members to do it for you.
Following your first visit, all your records will be analyzed and a personalized treatment plan will be formulated for you.
Payment / Insurance
New patients are asked to bring any insurance information with them at the time of the appointment. For any major dental treatment such as orthodontics or any extensive work, an estimate shall be sent to the insurance company first. This will inform you of what your insurance company will or will not pay for – avoiding any billing surprises.