Orthodontics is the branch of dentistry that specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of dental and facial irregularities.
Orthodontic treatment can be successful at any age. Everyone wants a beautiful and healthy smile – 20 -25% of orthodontic patients today are adults.
Using traditional brackets and wires, or using removable appliances like our Clear Correct System, moving your teeth into proper alignment will help you achieve a more uniform, pleasing smile.
When You Need To See An Orthodontist
There are several common reasons why someone needs to see one of these specialists. They include:
- When your gums, teeth and mouth are painful. None of these parts of your body are supposed to hurt. When they do, there are always underlying issues including teeth that aren’t properly aligned. An orthodontist can diagnose the problem and treat it.
- When your smile doesn’t inspire confidence. There might not be anything wrong with your teeth. Maybe your smile is just uneven, gapped or crooked. If you find yourself avoiding photographs, our orthodontics services in Leamington can help.
- If you have breathing problems generally or sleep apnea specifically. You might be suffering from airways that are blocked. Our treatments are effective ways to improve breathing issues.
- Some people who need to see an orthodontist have difficulty chewing. Malocclusions can cause a number of different problems preventing your teeth from being able to function the way they should. Orthodontic treatments can help you to enjoy the foods you love without difficulty or pain.
- If you have trouble articulating words you might need to see an orthodontist. The issue could be related to the way your teeth align.
Here’s What You Should Expect From A Consultation
A consultation with an orthodontist is the normal procedure before any treatment begins. That’s where a specific plan will be put together that involves assessing your jaw, gums and teeth.
Generally, there are two parts to one of these consultations.
- A hygienist starts by taking digital scans, photographs and x-rays. These are given to the orthodontist who evaluates them.
- You’ll have time when you meet with the orthodontist to ask any specific questions. There are usually a variety of options to choose from including clear aligners and lingual braces to name just a few.
The Orthodontics Services in Leamington we provide are good for patients in any age bracket.